How much should you spend on a circular saw? While it is reasonable to assume that a higher price equates to quality, this is not always the case. There are plenty of circular saws that offer quality without being overly expensive.
And in this review, we are going to be looking at some of them. In particular, the best circular saw under 100 as well as the best circular saw under 150. We tested and analyzed a wide variety of budget circular saws in these two price points.
From our tests, we came up with a list of 8 that offered the best value for money. We selected these eight based on several factors—key among them weight, base plate, bevel capacity, and ease of adjustment.
Based on these criteria, we selected the Skil 5280-01 15 amp as our best circular saw under 100. It is powerful enough without being overly expensive. And its 7.5-inch blade means it can handle larger materials than others on the list.
Second on the list is the BLACK+DECKER 20V MAX, which is our top pick of cordless circular saw under 100. It is equally powerful and more portable. However, all the other options on our list each have something to offer.
The Best Circular Saw Under 100 and 150 Review
SKIL 5280-01 15-Amp 7-1/4-Inch Circular Saw
- 7-¼ inch carbide tipped blade
- 5300 RPM speed
- 6.95 pounds weight
- 51 degrees bevel capacity
- Single beam laser
You may be looking for something with a little bit more oomph that won’t break the bank. And that is what the Skil 5280-01 circular saw offers. It is a pretty powerful circular saw priced under $100, let’s see what it has to offer.
The 15 amp motor is probably its best feature. It spins the blade at an impressive speed of up to 5300 RPM. This means you can cut through a 2×4 with relative ease compared to other budget options.
Another impressive aspect of this saw is the 2-7/16 inch cut depth. It may take you more than a single pass to cut a 4×4, but you will get it done. At 45 degrees, the maximum cut depth stands at 1-15/16 inches, which is still impressive.
The 7-¼ inch 24 tooth blade is designed for general-purpose works. While the ⅝ inch arbor hole is common and you will have no trouble changing the blade. There is an onboard wrench included, thus no need to use your tools.
- For its features, it is offered at a reasonably affordable price
- Comes with a laser guide for accurate and precise cutting
- Despite it being a corded saw it is lightweight
- Comes with a 24 teeth carbide blade included and there is an option of having it without the blade
- The saw comes with a carrying bag included
- Does not have an electric brake
- Features a steel base plate instead of a magnesium one
At its price, this Skil saw has the power to cut through a wider variety of things. Also, it can handle thicker boards compared to other similarly priced options. Overall it is our best circular saw under 100 dollars because of its price to performance ratio.
BLACK+DECKER 20V MAX 5-1/2-Inch Cordless Circular Saw
- 5.2 inch 12T carbide blade
- 3700 RPM blade speed
- Bevel dents at 45 and 90 degrees
- 20V battery
- High torque motor
The next entry on our list is the Black+Decker 20v max cordless circular saw. And if we had to choose, this would be our pick of the top cordless circular saw under 100.
It is somewhere between a compact circular saw and a full-sized one. This means it offers a unique blend of portability and performance. It has a powerful motor that spins the blade at speeds of up to 3700 RPM.
This is enough speed for most home and DIY projects. It is capable of cutting through wood as well as drywall. In our tests, it had no trouble ripping a 2×4 plank.
Being a cordless model, it is relatively lightweight and easy to use. It is powered by a 20v max battery that can give you about 45 minutes of uninterrupted cutting.
- Being a cordless model it is highly portable
- Despite it being a cordless model it is pretty lightweight
- It is easy to adjust the cutting depth
- The 3700 RPM blade speed is suitable for most home applications
- Can cut a wide array of materials
- Its performance is limited to its battery charge
- Does not come with a charger included
This Black + Decker model is a great option for DIYers. It is easy to use, and you do not require a lot to get started with it. Its low price tag is also an added bonus. Also, the fact that it’s a cordless unit means you can take it with you.
DEWALT DC390B 6-1/2-Inch 18-Volt Cordless Circular Saw
- 6.5-inch carbide tipped blade
- 3700 RPM blade speed
- 0-50 degrees bevel capacity
- Magnesium shoe
- 2-¼ inch maximum cut depth
Of the many saws, we tested the Dewalt DC390B was one of the most impressive. Weighing about 8 pounds, it is lightweight and easy to use. So would it be a good fit for you?
The fan-cooled motor is capable of spinning the blade at speeds of up to 3700 RPMs. This is decent enough for a saw of its size. The motor is a brushed motor, which you can change the brushes to increase its lifespan.
We found it easy to adjust the cut depth, which ranges from 2-¼ inch at 90 degrees and 1-⅝ inches at 45 degrees. In terms of the bevel capacity, you get a bevel capacity of between 0 and 50 degrees.
While the included 6-½ inch blade is right, it is not the best, especially for smooth cutting. However, you can solve this problem by purchasing a separate blade. Swapping out the blades is easy.
- This circular saw is lightweight
- It is easy to adjust the depth of cut
- Comes with a magnesium shoe which is of better quality than an aluminum one
- Has a rubber grip handle that reduces vibrations
- It is easy to change the blade
- The default blade it comes with is not the best
- Does not come with a battery included
This saw does not come with a battery included. However, for the price, we can hardly blame Dewalt for excluding the battery. It handled pretty well and was one of our favorite saws. Making it one of the best circular saw under 100 dollars.
WORX WORXSAW 4-1/2" Compact Circular Saw
- 4.5-inch blade
- 3500 RPM no-load speed
- 0-45 degrees bevel capacity
- 24 teeth carbide-tipped blade
- 4.4 pounds of weight
The Worx Worxsaw 4-½ inch saw is a compact saw that will come in handy when you have light duty tasks around the house. Weighing 4.4 pounds, it is also incredibly lightweight, which is what you are probably looking for.
While it is small and lightweight, it is quite a precise cutter. This is mostly thanks to the parallel guide attachment included in the kit. With it, the process of making precise cuts is greatly simplified.
A 4.5-inch blade is what you get with this saw. It spins at a no-load speed of 3500 RPM, which is quite impressive for a saw of this size. It can effectively cut a wide variety of materials, including wood, plastics, and even soft metals.
In addition to the parallel guide attachment you get with this saw, it also comes with several other accessories. There is also a vacuum adapter included as well as an Allen key.
- Being a handheld saw it is easy to use
- Despite its size, it is capable of cutting through a wide variety of materials including plastics
- Overall the saw feels very well made
- Given its lightweight and cheap it is perfect for DIYers
- Is only suitable for light-duty tasks
- Has limited cutting power
The first thing to note about this saw is that it is not designed to replace a full-size circular saw. Thus do not expect it to have the same power output. Instead, this is an excellent tool for light cutting around the house, garage, or garden. It is undoubtedly the best compact circular saw under 100.
TACKLIFE Circular Saw with Metal Handle
- 5.8 amps copper motor
- 3500 RPM blade speed
- Six blades included
- 8.3 pounds of weight
- 42.9 mm maximum cut depth
- Left-sided blade design
Mini-circular saws are an excellent option for people who are looking for something to handle light-duty cutting. One of the best in this category is the Tacklife Circular saw. Its size aside, this circular saw has plenty of features that you will find useful.
With a blade that rotates at speeds of up to 3500 rpm, it is a very capable circular saw. With it, you can cut through wood and plastics. Also, with the laser guide included, it is possible to make precise cuts with ease.
But what sets this saw apart from others in its class is the blade. It comes with not one, not two, but six different blade options. There are two 60 tooth blades, tw0 24 tooth blades, and an extra two diamond blades.
With these six blades, you can cut almost anything with the saw. For safety, it comes with two safety buttons that have to be pressed for it to be activated. This helps prevent accidental turning on of the saw.
- Comes with six different blade options included in the package
- Has a laser guide that helps in making accurate and precise cuts
- Has an easy to adjust bevel capacity
- It comes with a vacuum adapter that you can attach to your vacuum
- Comes with several safety features including a blade guard
- The safety features can be a bit too much
- Is a bit heavier than other mini-circular saws
With its six included blades, this is an excellent option for home use. You can use it to cut a wide array of things. And since it is offered at an affordable price tag, you get the best value for your money.
CRAFTSMAN 7-1/4-Inch Circular Saw
- 7-¼ inch blade
- 5500 RPM
- 55 degrees beveling capacity
- Magnesium shoe
- Contoured over-molded handle
- Metal upper
The Craftsman 7-¼ inch circular saw is another full-sized circular saw that is priced at under 100. It has a powerful motor and can cut through a variety of materials.
Speaking of the motor, it comes with a 15 amp motor. This is pretty standard for most circular saws of its size. The motor spins the blade at a speed of up to 5500 RPM. This gives it the ability to cut through materials fast.
As with other circular saws, it is possible to make bevel cuts with this saw. You get positive dents at 22.5 and 45 degrees. Adjusting the bevel capacity is easy with the tool-free beveling shoe.
It features a magnesium shoe that is durable and helps reduce the saw’s overall weight. The upper is made from metal while it has a lower guard.
- For its price, it is a pretty powerful circular saw
- The 7-¼ inch blade is big enough to cut through bigger pieces of material
- It is easy to use even for first-time users
- It is easy to change the blades
- The saw is a bit heavier than other similar options
- Does not come with a RIP guide
For the price, this Craftsman circular saw is hard to beat. It is powerful enough to handle most types of projects. Also, it can cut faster than some of the other options on our list. This can be used in a Jobsite as well as for DIY projects.
Worx WX531L Worxsaw 20V PowerShare 4-1/2" Brushless Cordless Compact Circular Saw
- Brushless motor
- 1-11/16″ inch cutting depth
- Integrated LED light
- 6900 no-load speed
- 20 Volt battery
- 1-¼ inch vacuum adapter
The Worx WX531L has a unique design with the battery pack located at the end of the handle. A 20V cordless circular saw it is priced at just over $100. So what do you get from this saw?
One thing we noted about this cordless saw is its slim design. It made it easy to hold, especially for long periods of use. Also, unlike other cheaper models, it comes with a brushless motor. This translates to longer run time and power efficiency.
It’s rather small 4.5-inch blade can spin at a no-load speed of 6900 RPM. This is quite impressive considering its price. Also, it means it can cut through materials quicker.
One of the best things about this saw is the battery. The battery used by this saw can be used by other appliances in Worx’s Powershare line. This means you can have one battery to power several different tools, which is a win in our books.
- The 20v battery can be used with other Worx tools in the Powershare line
- Has a high blade rotation speed, which means faster cutting
- The slim body design makes it easy to hold and handle
- Comes with an integrated LED light for illuminating the work area when necessary
- Uses a brushless motor which is more efficient than a brushed motor
- The small 4.2-inch blade has limited cutting ability
- Is not as powerful as its features make it look
From its blade size, it is clear that this is not a full-sized circular saw. Instead, it’s a compact saw with sufficient power. It is designed for light-duty work and handles itself very well.
DEWALT ATOMIC 20V MAX Circular Saw
- 1.5-inch finger trigger
- 4500 RPM blade speed
- Removable auxiliary handle
- Onboard blade storage
- 20 V battery
- 4.5-inch blade
Another 20V cordless circular saw that makes its way onto our list is the Dewalt Atomic 20v max circular saw. Produced by one of the most reputed power tools makers, there is a lot we were expecting from this saw, so did it deliver?
At first glance, the slim inline design of this saw makes it look more like a grinder. And with an “S” shaped trigger, you can control the saw from the handle. This translates to convenience when using the tool.
So how does it fair in the cutting department? Well, with a 4.5-inch blade and a cutting depth of 1-9/16 inches at 90 degrees pretty well. It will have not trouble cutting 2x material. Also, the blade is positioned on the left.
This gives you a good view of it when cutting. It uses a brushless motor to spin the blade at speeds of up to 4500 RPM. Not bad for a saw priced less than $150.
- Being a cordless model it is highly portable
- The blade is positioned on the left giving you a clear view of it when cutting
- With it, you can cut a 2x material at 90 degrees
- Comes with a dust collection port included
- There are multiple grip positions to give you flexibility when handling it
- Is ideal for light-duty tasks only
- Does not come with the battery included
Though small, this circular saw still manages to be an effective cutting tool for most people. It has a high RPM compared to some of its competitors. It is thus one of the best circular saw under 150.
Secres Of Buyingg Best Circular Saw Under 100 and 150 Dollars
When shopping for a circular saw for under $100, there are several things you need to consider. These are;
Budget circular saws come with a variety of blade sizes generally ranging from 4.5 inches to 8 inches. The blade size you settle on depends on what you intend to cut. If you are looking to cut larger materials, a larger blade is better.
In this instance, a 7.5-inch blade will be a better choice than a 4.5 inch one. However, 7.5-inch blade saws tend to be pricier than their smaller counterparts. Thus if you are looking for something to cut smaller materials, a smaller blade won’t hurt.
Ordinarily, power is not something you would associate with budget models. However, it is important to ensure your saw is sufficiently powerful. A 15 amp motor is recommended for a budget circular saw.
While some offer less than 15 amps for a lower price, 15 amps should be the standard. For cordless, a 20v or 18v battery is the standard.
Cordless vs. corded
A circular saw will either be cordless or corded. A cordless one uses rechargeable batteries while a corded one has to be plugged into a power source. Corded models tend to be heavier and larger.
Also, corded options are more reliable as you won’t have to worry about them going off in the middle of a project. Cordless models, on the other hand, are portable and lightweight. But are limited by their batteries.
So the choice between these two types comes down to your preferences and needs. If you are working from home, a corded model isn’t a bad idea. A cordless model will come in handy when you need to go with your saw.
One important component of a circular saw is the base plate, also referred to as the shoe. The material used to make this part can have an impact on the performance of the saw. Ideally, the best saws have a magnesium shoe.
Some have aluminum base plates and others a steel one. But magnesium is the best of the three metals.
A circular saw doesn’t have to cost thousands of dollars. With less than $150 or even $100, you can get yourself a quality circular saw as our list proves. These saws are powerful and affordable and offer excellent value for your money.
Last update on 2020-08-08 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API