Climbing up a ladder to prune a tree isn’t for everyone. Some of us prefer doing our tree pruning from the safety of the ground. But how do you prune a tree at height without lifting your feet from the ground?
By using the best gas pole saw, of course. When it comes to gas pole saws, there are two main types, battery-powered and gas-powered saws. While you could opt for a battery-powered saw, a gas-powered pole saw is your best bet.
Gas-powered pole saws offer plenty of power and often last longer than their battery-powered counterparts. With this in mind, lets take a look at some of the best gas powered pole chainsaw on the market.
Reviews Of The Top 6 Best Gas Pole Saws
Remington RM25PS Maverick 25cc 2-Cycle Gas Pole Saw
Our top pick is the Remington RM25PS Maverick 25cc 2-Cycle Gas Pole Saw. This is a beast of a pole saw with a 25 cc engine. While at the same time, it is quite maneuverable for a pole saw of its kind.
The 25 cc engine provides sufficient juice to cut small to medium thick branches. And while it is capable of cutting thicker branches, we do not recommend using it on thicker branches. It may take longer to cut thicker branches.
For hard to reach branches, it comes with an 8-inch bar. This is the average height of most pole saws. But the Maverick has something extra up its sleeve. You get a 7-inch extension pole. With it, you can easily reach branches that are up to 12 feet off the ground.
There is a lot we loved about this pole saw, but what got us really psyched up about it is how fast it is to start. If you use any kind of gas-powered tools, you know how frustrating they can be to start. The Maverick doesn’t suffer from this problem as one pull of the power cord is all you need to start it up.
- Comes with a seven-foot extension pole for reaching high up branches
- It is a lightweight saw that is easy to maneuver
- Is equipped with an automatic oiler that makes maintenance easier
- The motor is powerful enough to cut through most branches
- Is compatible with attachments for added versatility
- Is not suitable for cutting thicker branches
- Has a bit of a learning curve
For small to medium-sized branches, this is a more than sufficient option. We love the quick-start feature it comes with that allows for quick starting of the saw. It is also easier to maneuver, which is another thing we liked about the saw. Overall it is the best gas-powered tree trimmer on the list.
TrimmerPlus PS720 8-Inch Pole Saw
If you are short on funds, then we recommend getting the TrimmerPlus PS720 8-Inch Pole Saw. The latter is offered at a relatively affordable price tag without compromising on quality. Thus it might not be as heavy-duty as other pole saws, but it does have its perks.
You get the option of extending the pole to reach branches as high as 12 feet or as low as 7 feet. As such, it is possible to reach branches that are high up. In terms of weight, it only weighs 7 pounds, meaning you will have no problems maneuvering it.
The 8-inch bar and chain will be sufficient for tackling most branches. This is a tool suited for home use. It can tackle most of the branches you encounter in your garden or yard.
One of the best things about this pole saw is that it can be connected to various attachments from different manufacturers. Thus you can increase the usability of this power tool by adding other accessories.
- Weighing only 7 pounds, it is lightweight and thus easy to transport and maneuver
- Comes with two adjustable-height extensions and can reach up to 12 feet high
- Can be connected with various attachments from different manufacturers
- It is offered at a relatively affordable price tag compared to other products
- Given its features and price tag it offers decent cutting power
- This is not suited to heavy-duty tasks
- Some users have complained of the chain slipping off
This gas-powered pole saw is not a heavy-duty cutter. But it is one of the best gas powered pole saw at its price point. For light pruning tasks at the yard or garden, this will be a great tool to have. It is a compact design, and affordable price tag are its two best features.
Remington RM2599 Maverick 25cc 2-Cycle 8-Inch Gas Pole Saw
Next up is the Remington RM2599 Maverick 25cc 2-Cycle 8-Inch Gas Pole Saw. Similar to the other Maverick model on the list, this one boasts of a 25 cc two-cycle engine. As such, it is powerful enough for most branch cutting tasks.
Where this pole saw really shines though is in the weight distribution. The weight is distributed less at the end of the pole. This helps reduce soreness and aches that come from using gas-powered power tools.
The pole is long enough for reaching high up branches. With it, you can easily cut branches that are 12 feet off the ground. And if you want it to do more than just cut branches, you can attach it to any attachment such as a blower or hedge trimmer.
As with all the other saws reviewed above, it comes with an 8-inch bar and chain. Not the most impressive chain and bar combination, but still sufficient. For most pruning works this saw will have no problems.
- The weight distribution helps reduce kickbacks and thus minimize on soreness associated with using gas-powered tools.
- Has a quick-start technology which makes starting the power saw easy and quick
- It is versatile and multi-functional as it is compatible with a wide variety of attachments
- Is capable of reaching branches as high up as 12 feet
- It is simple and easy to use
- It is pretty loud and you will need some kind of ear protection
- Might struggle when cutting thicker branches
This is another excellent product from Remington. The fact that it can be attached to many different attachments makes it versatile and multi-functional. It is one of the best gas powered pole chainsaw due to its ease of use, performance, and cutting ability.
TrimmerPlus TPP720 8" Polesaw with Bar and Chain Attachment
TrimmerPlus has some of the top-rated pole saws on the market. And one of the company’s best products is the TrimmerPlus TPP720 8″ Polesaw with Bar and Chain Attachment. This is a highly adjustable and easy to use pole saw.
Its pole can extend up to 11 inches high. This is enough to reach high up branches. In terms of cutting ability, it is equipped with an 8-inch bar and chain. With this bar and chain combination, it can cut logs of up to 4 inches in diameter.
One thing that earns it a place on the list is the sheer number of attachments it is compatible with. This can be more than a pole saw. You can attach the pole to just about anything from a hedge trimmer to a blower.
There is an automatic oiler included in this pole saw. The automatic boiler helps ensure the chain and bar are always lubricated. This saves you time and minimizes the maintenance of the pole saw.
- The automatic oiler helps reduce on maintenance
- Can reach branches that are 11 inches from the ground
- Comes with a two-year limited warranty
- The 8-inch bar and chain is can cut through logs of up to 4 inches in diameter
- You can attach different attachments such as a hedge trimmer
- Out of the box, the chain is adjusted too tight
- The oil flow setting is also not correctly configured out of the box
There is a lot you can do with this pole saw. It can be used as one of the best gas-powered pole trimmers. Additionally, it is capable of cutting thicker branches and, more importantly, can reach heights of up to 11 feet.
MAXTRA Gas Pole Saw,42.7CC 2-Cycle
If power is what you are looking for in a pole saw, then let us introduce you to the MAXTRA Gas Pole Saw,42.7CC 2-Cycle. With a powerful 42.7cc engine, this unit makes most other pole saws look like kitchen knives.
This is a large and heavy monster of a pole saw designed to help you accomplish heavy-duty tasks with ease. 10 inch thick branches are no match for this powerhouse. Given its weight, Maxtra offers it with a carry bag included.
The pole of this saw measures 8.2 feet long. But with the help of an extension rod, you can increase the height to 11.4 feet long. This greatly extends your reach from about 13 feet to 16.5 feet off the ground.
Unlike other gas-powered pole saws, this features a centrifugal clutch. The latter makes it an easy to start tool. You can get this power tool started and ready to go within a matter of seconds.
- Thanks to its powerful motor it can cut thicker branches
- The extension rod gives it a reach of 16.5 feet the best on the list
- Is equipped with an anti-vibration handle that makes it easier and more comfortable to use
- It is simple and quick to start thanks to its unique centrifugal clutch
- Features a shoulder strap that helps minimize strain on your body when using it
- It is a large and bulky tool meaning it can be awkward to use
- This saw does not adapt to different attachments
This is one of the best gas pruner on the market, and its powerful motor powers it into number five on our list. Thus, while it is not the most portable, it is one of the most powerful. Furthermore, its shoulder straps and carrying bag reduce the burden of its weight.
Poulan Pro PR28PS, 28cc 2-Cycle Gas 8 in. Pole Saw
The Poulan Pro PR28PS, 28cc 2-Cycle Gas 8 in. Pole Saw is the second most powerful saw on our list. Fitted with a 28cc engine, it is more powerful than most on the list. However, it lacks the maneuverability challenges of the Maxtra.
If you are couscous about fuel emissions, then you will love this pole saw. It is equipped with a surefire fuel delivery system. This system cuts on the fuel emissions of this pole saw and makes it more environmentally friendly.
As with most other options on the list, this one has an 8-inch bar. As for the rod, it has three-foot extension. With this extension, you can easily reach branches that are 12 feet off the ground. You can use this with six other attachments to make it more versatile.
One of the best things about this pole saw is its power. Compared to some of the other options on the list, this is a very powerful tool. And with its feet, Tap’N go head it is able to cut thicker branches.
- It has a 28 cc engine that is powerful than most
- This pole saw takes very little time to start compared to other gas-operated tools
- Is environmentally friendly thanks to its surefire fuel delivery system
- It accepts six different attachments that make it versatile
- Uses a spring-assisted starter system to make starting the tool easier
- Using it can be a bit challenging since it has to be held at a certain angle
- Not everyone will be able to cut branches that are 12 feet from the ground with this tool
This power tool strikes the right balance between power and ease of use. Compared to the Maxtra, it is relatively lighter. And compared to its other competitors, it can cut thicker branches with ease. It is thus one of the best gas powered pole chain saw on the market.
What To Consider Before Buying GAS POLE CHAINSAW
There are many different things that buyers look for when shopping for a gas-powered chainsaw. However, there are some that are a must. These are the important features you need to consider when buying for a pole saw.
Length of the pole saw
A pole saw allows you to cut branches that are high up a tree without using a ladder. Naturally, the most important feature to consider is how long the saw is. The longer the saw, the higher you can reach up a tree.
However, longer is not always better. Extending the height of a pole saw beyond 10 feet can cause problems. Most pole saws measure seven to eight feet long. With this length, you are able to comfortably reach branches that are about 12 feet off the ground.
The reason why you should opt for a gas-powered pole saw is power. These types of saws offer more power than battery-powered and electric saws. However, gas-powered saw varies in power. Some are more powerful than others.
A powerful engine will give you the ability to cut thicker branches quicker. However, powerful models tend to be heavier and larger. Thus if you want a saw for general pruning work, then a moderately powered saw will do just fine.
Weight and size
One of the significant drawbacks of using gas-powered tools is that they cause soreness and aches. This is especially so if the tool you are using is large and heavy. For gas-powered pole saws, a lightweight saw will be an ideal option.
The bar length is the area of the saw that is covered by a chain. The size of the bar matters a lot in regards to the kind of branches you will be cutting. Bar lengths range between six and 12 inches. The longer the bar length, the thicker the branches you can cut.
Most of the pole saws on our list are suited for light to medium pruning and cutting jobs. They offer enough power for everyday yard pruning jobs. If you want extra power, we recommend the Maxtra gas pole saw.
The latter is more powerful than any of the other options on our list. However, all the other options do have their perks. They are lighter and generally more comfortable to maneuver and use.
Last update on 2021-05-07 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API